Tenants of Bethune Lofts will realize unmatched energy efficiency inside the walls of this historic building.
Substantial resources were dedicated to ensuring the building was
comfortable and energy efficient for tenants, sustainable within its
surroundings, and of little impact to the environment. The true measure of our success is the achievement of a Silver level certification from the US Green Building Council.
Key LEED components of the project include:
- Access to alternate transportation
- Water use reduction through low flow water fixtures
- Eliminate use of CFC refrigerants in air conditioning
- Tenant recycling program
- Use of regional materials in construction
- Smoke free building
- Use of Low VOC paints, sealants, grouts and coatings in construction